To our valued clients and partners:
At RS&H, we have always focused on helping you achieve your project goals and realize your mission. To that end, we have been diligently tracking developments related to the coronavirus (COVID-19) and have implemented safeguards and recommendations from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to help keep our associates, clients, and partners safe.
As the situation evolves, we continue to take a proactive stance on safety and preventative measures while adjusting how we work to ensure we keep projects moving forward and meet your needs. These initiatives have included:
Proactive Education & Prevention
- In February, as we began to monitor the spread of the virus in other parts of the world, RS&H informed our associates of health, hygiene and everyday preventative measures, following recommendations by the CDC and World Health Organization (WHO).
- We reinforced everyday preventative measures, including staying home when sick and additional routine cleaning and disinfecting of our workspaces and shared surfaces.
- We also set up a central information center on our intranet for our associates to stay abreast of the latest announcements, guidelines and additional resources, as well as keep up with the most recent COVID-19 developments.
Restrictions on Business Travel & In-Person Meetings
- In early March, we began restricting business travel and strongly discouraging personal travel to areas affected by COVID-19, as identified by the CDC.
- We developed a travel notification log to evaluate and determine potential risk exposure for essential business travel, as well as personal travel.
- We are currently limiting all in-person meetings, opting for video and audio conferencing whenever possible, and restricting attendance at conferences and other large events.
Monitoring & Exposure Response Measures
- We have implemented a communication structure to quickly respond to any suspected cases of COVID-19 or potential exposure involving our associates and their contacts.
- Any associates who have traveled to affected areas identified by the CDC or report potential exposure to the virus are placed on a 14-day self-quarantine and asked to work remotely at home during that time.
- If those impacted associates visited an RS&H office or other facility, we immediately bring in additional, professional sanitation crews to clean and disinfect the facilities. This is in addition to the already increased firm-wide sanitization efforts that are routinely conducted throughout all our facilities.
- Learn more on RS&H COVID-19 Exposure Response Protocol.
Social Distancing & Mandatory Work from Home
- On March 17, we made the decision to have our associates begin working from home as we restricted access to all our offices. We have asked our associates to work from home until April 30, as we continue to evaluate the evolving situation.
- We have provided supplemental safety, hygiene, and social distancing guidelines to our associates working in the field and on active project sites.
- We continue to reinforce the importance of our associates self-monitoring their health, maintaining social distancing, and following their state and local guidelines for safety.
Business Continuity Measures
- Each of our offices established its own business continuity plan to accomplish business-critical activities while ensuring the safety of our associates.
- Fortunately, our technology infrastructure provides the ability for our staff to work remotely, and we have ongoing communications between our senior staff and teams to ensure that projects and work are progressing.
- We are actively providing creative and virtual solutions to our clients, including online presentations, facilitated workshops, design charrettes, and more, to help keep projects on track.
- We encourage all communications, from deliverables and project submittals to client and field meetings, to be accomplished virtually, whether through electronic submission or video and audio conferencing whenever possible.
As this unprecedented situation evolves, we will continue to update you and put additional measures in place as necessary.
If you have specific questions related to your project or needs, please continue to reach out to your RS&H project team.
Be well and be safe.
David Sweeney, PE
Chief Executive Officer